Thursday, December 1, 2011

 I was reading a post that a friend of mine wrote about Christmas shoe boxes she was making with her children to send to the military serving over seas.  It was a beautiful post, with pictures of she and her children putting these boxes together and she was using this as an opportunity to teach them about giving. 
 So I had a "deep thought moment"  :)  I was reminded of a situation that happened about 5 yrs ago. It was a tough situation, people were doing things that were so dishonest, not necessarily toward me, but in the lives of people they loved and were in covenant with. I was angry & confused. I just felt lost!  Although I was not the one experiencing the situation. I thought I had a pretty good grasp on what it meant to be a mommy, wife, friend, and child of God.  This, however, was really testing my entire understanding on all of those things. I was enjoying my happy place on earth in my bubble of important things. Having babies, buying our first home & mini van. Swapping stories about nursing, labor and delivery, & what Dr's we were using. I was having fun, feeling complete... then this happened!  Now I know this is sounding dramatic, but we all have our "ah-ha" moments that force us to mature and grow, they come in all shapes and sizes and can be different for us all, this just happened to be one of mine.  I was going to learn more about forgiveness, compassion, and mercy.  I was going to learn that there was more than just the life I was living in at the moment. 
*Although, just to clarify.  Those years of starting my family, buying our first home, swapping stories of babies, nursing, bottles and Dr's. were years of joy & building relationships with great women. They are some of my fondest memories that I hold dear, so I'm not implying that is a "bubble" of false living.  ha ha.. just want to make that clear!  :)
 I realized something about this friend who made some bad choices. Besides some of the obvious issues that lied beneath, as well as  some that are more personal.  She lacked understanding her purpose, and season that she was in.  This caused her to loose joy  as a woman, wife and mother. 
  It's so easy to become discontent, envious, & competitive through out life. There are always people who have more than you, easier situations than you, better husbands than you, etc.  It can be just as easy though, to find joy when we  find contentment, peace, and learning to accept our seasons in life.  When we find contentment with those seasons, we also find our purpose, because with every season comes a new purpose to be shared along side our husbands.
 We all need purpose, without it, whats the point. We all want to know we are making a difference in someones life. 
    So here is just a "shoebox" filled with thought...  :)

It's just to easy to feel lost and forgotten when you are doing the same thing over and over again. It has a way of robbing your joy when you don't know why your doing it. People can handle that feeling very differently. Some pull away feeling hopeless with no meaning, some may become resentful and angry, some become entitled, justifying their reasons for being unfaithful, neglectful or even abusive.

 All the while your greatest purpose and calling in your life is sleeping in the room next to you, or right beside you. They're snuggled up on the couch with the blanket and thumb in the mouth, or the one with the game controller who hasn't heard the last few times you've called for them to come get the crying baby while you're cooking dinner. The ones doing their homework, even the one throwing the tantrum on the kitchen floor.  :) 

 Embrace your seasons in life, even this one will pass and with it will come another season.  Embrace your calling and the purpose you are given.  Most of all remember that God is your strength!  He doesn't expect us to be "Super woman" nor does He bite is nails anxiously hoping we get all of our daily chores & work done, or to be perfect in all that we do. He just wants us to be teachable, content, peaceful, joyful & virtuas, as is a Proverbs 31 woman a beautiful example for us, so is a Psalms 131 woman...


O LORD, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty;
Nor do I involve myself in great matters,
Or in things too difficult for me.
Surely I have composed and quieted my soul;
Like a weaned child rests against his mother,
My soul is like a weaned child within me. Psalm 131

Be Blessed Mama's!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment