Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Free art

  So I absolutely love to decorate!  I love to decorate for holidays & parties, but mostly, I love to decorate my house!  :)
 My husband and I always joke that he is going to send me to work outside the home, so I can have my own "decor allowance"  :)
 We bought our home a few years ago when we were expecting our 5th child. We were looking for a 4 bedroom house to accommodate our growing family. Around here houses are not exactly cheap, especially if you are looking for one with much space for a larger family. Thankfully, we were blessed to find one that was affordable & in very livable conditions, yet also has plenty of potential to make it ours. I dream of all the exciting things I want to do around here to give it the "farm house" look & feel that I want.  For now though, it is just that... a dream! :)  At this time in our life while we are working hard at getting out of debt, and raising our family, it's just not the time for house remodels.  I am content with this season in my life, however, I still always have an "itch" for decorating.  :)   My outlet..Pintrest.com.  It's endless possibilities & creativity are a decorataholics dream site.  Major plus.. it is usually stuff you already have just laying around the house or that you can find for pennies on the dollar. 

 So here are just a few little ideas I got off of there and used to decorate around the house. 


"Home is where the Art is"  This is some art work done by some of my children that we hung using clothes pins in old frames that were lying around the house that I painted black.  This is on a wall that is in our computer room


These are, again some black frames I just happened to have. :)  I painted them black and then hung inside of them some candle holders that I have had for years now.  It just gave it a little bit of a design inside to make it intresting.  :)
This is the fireplace in our dining room. I love this thing, it was one of the things that made me love this house when we first saw it.  :)  The picture wreath hanging at the top are different family photos that I printed and taped to some card board that I used to cut a wreath out of.


Our red front door.  :)  It's nothing fancy up here, but the plant stands I found at my neighbors house out by the road when they moved, so I brought them home and painted them a dark brown along with the two lights that are on either side of the door, they were a rather rusted white. You would never know now though, they look almost new! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment