Thursday, September 1, 2011

Trial and Error

  This is our 3rd year homeschooling and I have used Abecka curriculum all three years.  It's easy for me as the "teacher" to understand and my girls have, so far, done very well understanding it.  Yet still I decided I wanted to try something new with my oldest who has just started the 3rd grade.  The first always get to be the Ginny pigs right?!  :) 
  So I search all summer long and stumble upon Alpha Omega Switched on School house math(computer program) and their Life Pac language and spelling.  I'm super excited because not only is this my chance to play with something new, it looks  fun and easy to use. 
 We just started school on August the 22nd. and today September 1st, I have already ordered Abecka grade 3 curriculum and we're starting over.  It's nothing against Alpha Omega, it just didn't work for us. I think alot of it is because I am more common with Abecka and the way that they teach. I also really like the repetition that Abecka has in each of their subjects, so back to Abecka it is!!!  :)
 I guess this "trial and error" is just the beginning, but I'm sure glad that we changed our decision when we did.
 So tomorrow starts a new day. Freshly sharpened pencils, and text books prepared, blessed to be able to teach my kids at home!!  :)
Pray your day is wonderful too!

                                           Lauren, Elizabeth, Lindsey, Caden, Ella & Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment