Saturday, September 10, 2011

 This morning I've been pretty emotional, lots of tears & frustration.  Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with day to day chores, school and life demands.  It all can seem quite impossible to achieve and get done at times.  I know this is nothing new for all of us moms out there, we all have our days (and monthly visits that only increase these emotions :) ) that can make us crumble into a sobbing mess and believing "No appreciates me around here!"  
 It's probably expected that I should say.. "then suddenly, one of my children says "Mommy, I love you" that then reminds me how blessed I am...." but nope, that is not what I'm going to say.  Instead I have an 8 month old who is tired, with a rash that appears to be getting worse instead of better. A 2yr old who wants to touch and eat everything, and I mean EVERYTHING!  Then there are my older ones who feel that they need to remind me constantly of how "bored" they are and have absolutely "noooothing to do!!!" 
 However, I have been reminded of one thing.  This is something that was told to me soon after I started having children. It's something that my parents taught me, that their parents taught them.  That something is this...              
                                     "Be patient or you will become one!"   :)


 I think today is a good day to have no chores, eat whatever is in the kitchen that does not require  any preparation or clean up. Coffee with extra sugar and cream, and seriously plan a sisters night out....soon!  :)

On a little more serious note, God also has some pretty amazing things to say about us Moms.  :)  He definetly has way of uplifting us on our down days....

                                                                         
                      "A Mothers love reaches far beyond circumstances or feelings, it sees past flaws and imperfections, and celebrates God's gift of love, sent from heaven in the form of a child.

              Her children will rise up and call her blessed.   Proverbs 31:28

                                     Hope today is a blessed day in your home!!
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment